To be eligible for the PAIE Program, you must
- be one of the following:
- Permanent Resident (or have received permanent residency approval from IRCC),
- Convention Refugee,
- Refugee Claimant with a valid work permit,
- naturalized Canadian Citizen, or
- arrived from Ukraine through CUAET Visa with a 900-series SIN number and an open work permit.
- have work experience in engineering, geoscience, planning, environmental science, or a related field from outside Canada.
- be internationally educated with a degree or college diploma in a related field.
- have a minimum English proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark level CLB 7.*
- be a resident of Ontario.
- be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- not be currently working in your professional field.
- have no prior Canadian education and experience in your field.
* Other language assessments such as IELTS 6 and CELPIP 7 can be considered for the purpose of your application.
We serve participants with the following professional backgrounds:
Engineering / Geoscience / Planning / Ecology / Green Building / Renewable Energy
Planning & Related Disciplines
Please view the PAIE Program Professions Served document for a complete list of specific professions.