1. Process non-refundable payment (application fee) of $30 + HST.
You will be required to enter your order number on the application form and upload your receipt as proof of payment.
2. Complete the electronic PAIE application form. (click here to preview the application questions)
While completing your PAIE Application, you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Proof of valid CLB Assessment
- Immigration Status documentation
NOTE: If you have had your academic credentials assessed by an accredited assessment agency, you are strongly encouraged to submit your assessment results (this is optional with your application but will be required upon acceptance into the PAIE Program).
Letter of Interest
Your letter of interest should be 1 page (maximum) and address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the PAIE program?
- What do you hope to gain from participating in this Program?
- Why do you think you are a good candidate for PAIE?
This should be a detailed and updated, chronological resume beginning with your current or most recent employment. Be sure to include the following:
- All types of employment, whether or not in your field
- All academic qualifications (exact names of degrees, cetificates, etc.)
- Professional memberships and/or designations, etc.
- Any professional training or skills upgrading you have completed in or outside of Canada including names of institutions attended and dates.
You will need to provide proof of completion of a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment at a minimum of Level 7 in all skills areas (reading, writing, speaking, listening). CLB Assessments must have been obtained within the last 12 months from the date of application. CLB Assessments accepted by the PAIE Program include ELTPA, CLBA and CLBPT.
For more information on CLB Assessments and to book an appointment:
Permanent Residents and Protected Persons contact: YMCA at (416) 925-5462
Canadian Citizens contact: the Centre for Education and Training at (905) 279-0024 or Overland Learning Centre at (416) 395-5080
You will be required to submit a copy of one of the following: Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident Card, etc
Accommodation will be provided throughout the application process, as required. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance.
Other Important Information for Applicants
You will not be able to save a draft of your application and come back to it later to complete. Please give yourself approximately one hour to complete your application and have the following items/documents available when you begin:
Letter of Interest
Immigration Status documentation
CLB Assessment Results
Credential Assessment Results (if you have this)
Your application is not complete until all documentation has been submitted and non-refundable payment of $30 has been received.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend a formal interview with PAIE Program staff.
- Unfortunately we are not able to inform all applicants on the status of their application.
- If you are selected to participate in the PAIE Program, there will be a program fee of $399+HST.
- If you are accepted into the program, you will be required to provide proof of professional and academic credentials and certifications, from an approved credential assessment organization (For more information on approved credential assessment services, please visit: The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials )