Complete the electronic PAIE application form. (click here to preview the application questions)
While completing your PAIE Application, you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Proof of valid CLB Assessment
- Immigration Status documentation
NOTE 1: Individuals with a 900-series SIN and an open work permit waiting for their permanent residence should send us their preliminary approval from the federal government
Letter of Interest
Your letter of interest should be 1 page (maximum) and address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the PAIE program?
- What do you hope to gain from participating in this Program?
- Why do you think you are a good candidate for PAIE?
This should be a detailed and updated, chronological resume beginning with your current or most recent employment. Be sure to include the following:
- All types of employment, whether or not in your field
- All academic qualifications (exact names of degrees, certificates, etc.)
- Professional memberships and/or designations, etc.
- Any professional training or skills upgrading you have completed in or outside of Canada including names of institutions attended and dates.
You will need to provide proof of completion of a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment at a minimum of Level 7
NOTE: If you have not yet completed your CLB Assessment, you may submit your IELTS or CELPIP test results as part of your application; however, you must complete and submit your CLB Assessment if you are accepted into the program.
For more information on CLB Assessments and to book an appointment:
Permanent Residents and Protected Persons - contact YMCA Language Assessment
Canadian Citizens - contact Achev: Language Assessment Services
You will be required to submit a copy of one of the following: Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Notice of Decision (for Refugee Claimants) or a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada of the initial approval of your application, etc.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the application process, as required. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance.
Other Important Information for Applicants
You will not be able to save a draft of your application and come back to it later to complete it. Please give yourself approximately one hour to complete your application and have the following items/documents available when you begin:
Letter of Interest
Immigration Status documentation
CLB Assessment Results (or IELTS/CELPIP results if you do not yet have this)
Credential Assessment Results (if you have this)
Your application is not complete until all documentation has been submitted
- Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis: don't wait to apply.
- If you are selected to participate in the PAIE Program, there will be a program fee of $399+HST.
- Financial supports of up to $700 may be available to clients whose household income falls within the Low Income “Market Basket Measure Thresholds by MBM Region”. This threshold for the GTA is $49,304.
Such client supports address temporary financial barriers to participation in the project:
• Emergency or occasional/infrequent dependent care;
• Academic credential assessment; and
• Translation of international academic documents.