Our comprehensive and intensive program provides our participants with Industry-Specific Professional and Soft Skill Training.
Profession Specific Workshops and Field Excursions – 100 hours
This competitive curriculum has been informed and developed by regulators, employers, and industry experts. Together, we deliver content designed to make sure our participants are equipped with the knowledge they need to be successful in the workplace
Sample Topics Include:
- MS Excel Workshop
- Technical Report Writing
- Environmental Assessment Processes
- HEC-RAS software/ Application training
- Introduction to Low Impact Development (LID) (eLearning module)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Restoration Projects at the Waterfront
- Toronto Green Building Standards
- AutoCAD software
- ARC GIS software
- Environmental Site Assessment in Ontario
- Floodplain Management in Ontario (E-learning Module
- Sustainable Energy Technologies at the Archetype Sustainable House at The Living City Campus
Job Search Training for Technical Professionals - 30 Hours
Sample Topics Include:
- Resume Writing
- Cover Letter Writing
- Targeting Applications
- Online Job Search
- Labour Market Information
Speaking with Clarity – 12 hours
The fundamental learning objective of PAIE’s Speaking with Clarity training is for participants to articulate themselves through spoken language more clearly, to practice public speaking, and develop verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Corporate Culture and Communication in Canada (CCCC) –30 hours
PAIE's CCCC training includes comprehensive e-learning modules that provide participants with the soft skills they need to be successful in the workplace.
- Making a Good First Impression
- Body Language and Personal Image
- Making Small Talk
- The Office Party
- Intergenerational Communication
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Powerful Presentations
- You Have a Job, Now What?
- Managing Your Performance
- Being a Leader
The training opportunities listed below are examples of training offered to PAIE participants each cohort. We do have space reserved for some workshops to be scheduled beginning September 2015. If you would like to be notified when our training opens up to the public please click here to be put on our email list. You will then receive notifications when we have spots available.